Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Facial Skin Care: How to care for skin...prevent breakouts...even out skin tone?


Fresh Face #NOFilter

I decided to write a quick blog on facial skin care, because many people ask me how I keep my face as clear as I do. I am very picky when it comes to my face, and I freak out if someone randomly touches me in my face (dirty hands). Any who, I decided to inform you guys on a few simple things that assists me with keeping my skin as clear as possible if I can help it. Its usually quite hard to maintain my skin because sometimes I have:

*oily skin

*dry skin

*combination of oil & dry patches throughout my skin

OR

*Sometimes my skin peels like a snake (of course when the seasons change)
This is extremely aggravating due to the weather predicting the outcome of my facial skin.

I have to ensure that I do not use products that will create more issues than needed. Okay, I use some simple home remedies to assist me with optimal facial skin care. I also use a few store brought products to complete my goal.  These items are as followed:

Mustard- I place a dab of mustard on my acne for at least 15-20 minutes to dry the pimple out. Mustard contains natural salicylic acid that shortens and eliminates the life cycle of a pimple.

Next step……….

Baking Soda- I make a paste with a small amount of baking soda and I let it stay on my face for at least 15-20 minutes. I normally put it on there and get caught up with chores or miscellaneous things that it stays on for about an hour. I rinse it off and apply my lotion to replenish the skin.


(My cousin who models would give me facials with these household items when we would hang together. She was my saving grace. It works wonders and she keeps a clear face!! See her pictures below)



Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash - I wash my face 2 xs daily (morning & night) with this product.  It is quite expensive and the cheapest I find it is $7.99 on a sale at Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy.

****This gentle foaming cleanser helps treat and prevent blemishes and breakouts without overdrying. The ACTIVE NATURALS® moisture-rich soy formula helps visibly improve skin tone and texture, for healthier-looking skin. Oil free, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic and gentle enough to use every day.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar- I often use this bar if I do not want to spend that much on the wash. It works great but I prefer a pump to use (just my preference).

****This cleansing bar contains moisture-rich soy and effectively cleanses without overdrying. Our exclusive soy formula helps to naturally even out skin tone and smooth texture. This soap-free, oil-free and hypoallergenic formula works best for breakout-prone skin.


Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar- I use this product about every other day to even out my skin tone due to blemishes that may have been caused by an unruly pimple (that time of the month ladies). This soap evens me out and makes my skin complexion smooth and glow. I use this in addition to the Aveeno just because the aveeno prevents breakouts as well.

****It is enriched with proven cleansing agents to effectively wash away surface impurities and makeup for soft, clean skin. It’s rich, clean-rinsing lather also has light fresh scent.

Cetaphil- I use this due to it being a light lotion and/or moisturizer for sensitive skin. It does not clog my pores and it does not have me all shiny looking (I be having frequent specs of that Haitian skin shine LOL).

                                                                                                            (Before I go to bed--Clean Face)



I would encourage you to try these remedies and products to see if it makes a difference. Remember that the first representation of you is your skin. Wouldn’t you want to look clean and flawless?? Embrace YOU Love YOU….BE FLY in all that you do!! ~Flying Effortlessly

No comments:

Post a Comment